Sad to say my last blog has been had at blogspot. I have had a lovely time here but it's time to move on and invest in internet real estate. That's why this self-same blog can be found at rojopo.co.uk! So if you fancy keeping up to date with whatever I'm getting up to next (including some big, not to be missed news just around the corner!) then click on the link/type it in to your browser and subscribe.
Much love to everyone who ever followed/liked my posts here. I'll be sure to keep up to date with you.
Thanks, Robyn of RJP Illustration x
Wednesday, 9 April 2014
Friday, 3 January 2014
Drawing for the 3rd of January
Illustration Friday - 'Reflect'
So I'm sticking to my 'drawing a day' rule so far. Today's began with my visitation to the Illustration Friday website where the word of the week was 'reflect'. As I only had 1 day to complete this, I haven't done much towards experimentation with ideas but I remembered that I had taken an unusual picture featuring a mirror a while ago which gave me some inspiration.
|The original photograph.|
It feels good to be productive! I wonder just how long I'll be able to keep this going...
Thursday, 2 January 2014
So I was thinking about New Years Resolutions as people often do on January the 1st and whilst writing them I thought it would be fun (and productive!) to draw them and share them with everyone.
My theme this year is Craft and Graft - self explanatory.
1. Draw something EVERY SINGLE DAY. At least 1 thing, if not more. Doesn't even have to be exciting or elaborate so long as I can keep improving on my skills throughout the year.
2. Visit galleries. And lots of them! I missed out on so many great exhibitions last year because I didn't prioritise my time and spending so I'm going to map out which ones I want to visit this year and actually go!
3. Set up shop. It's time to actually get this show on the road. I've been crafting more and more recently and with this new incentive to create I think it's about time I shared my creations with the outer world. So this year I'll be setting up my own etsy/ebay shops.
4. Learn to converse. I would ideally love to be able to strike up a conversation with everyone in any language at any time, seems slightly impossible but using the Memrise and Duolingo apps I'll be trying my hardest to make that happen.
5. Drink water and get my Yoga on. I started doing yoga last year but I've let my laziness take hold and haven't been exercising as much as I should. Well guess what! Now is the time. Plus water and exercise are just brilliant for making humans feel better and if I feel better I'm going to be much more proactive.
I want to look back on this blog at the end of 2014, and be able to smile to myself knowing that I have worked harder than ever.
Wednesday, 1 January 2014
Just a quick illustration and entry to say Happy New Year 2014!
And also to thank anyone who has visited this blog in the past year.
Your support and visitations have meant a lot to me.
Expect more posts in the next few days, I've got a busy year planned already and the blue birds holding up the bunting are there to represent some hard work coming up.
Hope you all have a fantastic 2014